To date, the MYS has successfully organized various charity events and programmes such as:
1. Yoga Competition in 2005 with Sekolah Jenis Kebangsaan (Tamil) Kinrara, Puchong.
2. Annual Fund Raising Dinner 2005.
3. Charity Food Fair in 2006, 2008 & 2011 – to raise funds for a Yoga Home (now a reality in Batu Arang) for underprivileged children.
4. Yoga competition 2007, 2010 , 2011 & 2012 – a fund raising event open to all Yoga practitioners (old and young) from all over Malaysia.
5. Visiting and conducting free yoga classes at:
• Prisons – Kajang prison, Sungai Buloh prison.
• Non-profit organizations - National Cancer Society, Cancerlink Foundation, YWCA K.L.
• Schools -
Kinrara Tamil School (Primary),
Puchong School; Efingham Tamil School Damansara,
SRJK (T) Sg. Renggam – Shah Alam.
SMK Tinggi Kajang
SRJK (T) Kajang
SRJK (T) Saraswathy, Sungai Buloh
SRJK(T) Sarawathy Jalan Klang Lama
• Orphanages and underprivileged children’s homes -
Anbuillam Boys’ Home, Taman Permata;
Desa Mentari children, Jalan Klang Lama;
Karunai Illam Girls’ Home,Kepong;
Sri Sai Ashram,
Bamboo Garden, Jalan Ipoh;
Rumah Hope, Taman Paramount, PJ (Home for neglected and abused children),
Rumah Charis, Taman Lucky, KL.
• Panel judge for Desa Mentari mini yoga competition (50 children - ages 7-12yrs, 8 mothers) on 22nd November 2009 & sponsorship of trophies.
• Desa Mentari low cost housing area - yoga classes for total 30 kids & 8 mothers.
• Urdhva Retas Workshop for underprivileged teenagers from Pure Life Society, Mentari & Ambuillam Boys – 2009.
• Weekly classes in Malaysian Cancer Society.
• Daily 1-hour yoga class for 40pax 12-year old children at a 21-days camp entitled ‘Learning English’ at SJK(T) Jln Fletcher off Jln Tun Razak.
• Regular Free Talks on yoga to the general public.
• Yoga classes for Kajang Secondary & Primary schools, Puchong Primary School, Sungai Buloh Primary School.
• 2010 & 2011 – ‘Learn to Teach Teach to Learn’ - an International Yoga Instructor Course for the single mothers, underprivileged, NGOs and individuals who pledged to do charitable time at Orphanages, Old Folks’ homes etc.